My extended portfolio includes the items I mentioned on my portfolio page, as well as samples from further back. More material is available on request. To get in touch, use the mail button or type your email into this form and reply to the email you receive. It will come straight into my inbox.
Hereyoua.re commissioned me to write:
- Mensch Meier, Berlin: 12 Hours of Dialogue and Dancing
- Berlin After Writing: Three Authors Talk City and Craft
For an artistic network 200Rone I wrote these:
And churned out over 50 artistic introductions for them. Some noteworthy ones are:
In the last years I’ve created a lot of online content. Here are some examples:
- More Effective Email Communication for Kayako.
- What You Need to Know to Transition Effectively to Writing Online for LDM.
- Can you re-use an engagement ring for Top 5 Cash For Diamonds.
Yes, that second one sounds kind of boring, but the history of why we view diamonds the way we do is anything but. Check it out.
While working in academia, I:
- helped write a chapter about Emotions and Mass Media for an academic textbook for Routledge.
- I conducted my own research and wrote up the results for peer-reviewed journals. Here’s an example. How facial features affect perceptions of sexual availability.
Since then, I’ve written several more articles in this direction:
- How to Deal with Negative Customer Feedback When It Feels Personal for Kayako.
- How it isn’t happiness but emotional resilience that protects you from depression for Learning Minds.
I wrote a script for a television season of a show called Chasing longevity. I was the sole scriptwriter. It earned a Finalist certificate for the New York Festival 2015. You can watch all six of the show’s episodes online. (Only available in some areas).
I’ve also done work for many marketing companies.
While I was in Indonesia, there was a riot and people had died after some women were attacked and allegedly raped. This is the interview I did with them. Rohingya Refugees in Indonesia: Off the Boat Yet Still Adrift.
I’ve been managing the content for a website for a Dutch-based firm:
I’ve been helping people out with their personal branding.
- I helped Chris Haulmark craft his page so he can run for US Congress. I wrote up his bio and his issues.
- I also helped Jascha Silberman write up a new linkedin profile.
Thank you for taking an interest. Want to get in touch? Then just put your email in this form and reply to the email you’re sent. It will arrive in my inbox. Don’t worry, you won’t be subscribed to my newsletter.
Want to be subscribed as well? Then follow the rest of the instructions in the email you’ve been sent.
Jelte ten Holt